Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a Ride!!!!

Before I start this blog I wanted to say Happy 21st. Birthday to my Calie.  It was yesterday but I couldn't find the words for my blog so I'm going to make a stab at it today.                                                                             Ugh!!!!!! Believe it or not, we are finally getting to come home and this is how I feel.  My stomach is just killing me. Donnaree said to me last night" remember when you came here and how you felt leaving your children, well now you are leaving a new family to go back home"  And that is exactly what it feels like.  Exciting but kind of a sick feeling inside. We ate dinner with Gladys and William on the veranda last night.  We toasted with champagne, not so much toasting that we are going home, but toasting our friendship and to always keep it.  It was kind of a quiet dinner, I didn't want to say much because I new water works would start, and I just didn't want that to happen yet.  Gladys is beyond sad, for the simple fact of her best bud (Dontae) leaving her.  And living here, we didn't have to see each other every second of every day, but to know that each other were there was an amazing feeling.  How do you say so long to some of the best friends?  Willliam is sick, will we ever see him again before he goes to spend eternity with our Father?  Button Bay is for sale, will we ever be back here again? Just to many emotions I tell ya.                                                        From the very beginning we told Donnaree and Marlon that when we left we were going to leave my laptop with them, for there children and so we could keep in touch easier.  So last night we invited them down, and were told that they can't drive the motorcycle after dark, so I don't think I need to tell you how sad I was.  We had just finished dinner and I was saying that we could leave it with Gladys, when just then Markie heard a motorcycle.  Sure enough they came anyway.  And ALL four of them got off that bike.  In the dark!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank You God!!!!!!!  I was so happy and thankful and excited, because it would of  been awful not to see them before we left.  We hung out and just talked and talked and talked.  Mr. Dontae was a ham,  Man that child is going to put me in a early grave.   LOLOLOL  or keep me young.  I will go with the second one.LOL  But ya know Dontae was acting strange all day and into the night,  Gladys said he knows whats going on, and then later that night Donnaree said the same thing.  And I believe them.  I think the same thing.  Right now I am sitting here watching my two guys sleep and snore.  LOL wondering what its going to be like in just a bit, while we are getting ready to leave " Our home away from home"  I had the pleasure to sit on my veranda this morning all by myself, and look at the beautiful sea, the flowers, listening to the birds and the water, watching the lizzards climb the tree in front of me. Just enjoying how beautiful and relaxing and warm it is.  Trying to get these images embedded in my head for ever and ever. Because in a short few hours we will be gone. But God willing, we will back on a visit before they miss us.

                                                                                 

1 comments:

Miss Linda said...

Oh you are making me cry. I know exactly how you are feeling. The island and the people are embedded into our souls forever. I know in my heart of hearts you will return and we will all rejoice on that day. Safe travel my dear friends, love, joy and peace go with you.