Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Can you believe I am 50?

I sure can't..... How can I be 50 when I still feel like a kid inside?  I just don't understand it. But I guess that doesn't say much because I also feel skinny and when I walk past a mirror I jump... LOLOL  Ok so, in my mind I am young and skinny, so maybe I will live longer.  LOL Anyhoo, today I don't want to talk about me I want to honor my Markie.  I have been wanting to write about him for quite some time now and it wasn't the right time and today is so there ya have it.
  You know I did have the privilege of helping raise his children, but they were also older, not a baby or a toddler. I don't even know if I have the words to describe the kind of father he is. He is so selfless when it comes to our son.  He works so hard to take care of him and love him and to show him how it is to treat his mommy.  Yes Dontae is young but he copies everything Mark does.  For example, this morning I had a piece of hair hanging in my face, Dontae looked at me and oh so very gently moved it from my face.  Then today while I was eating a bowl of cereal I dripped milk on my chin, Dontae patted me on the shoulder so I would look at him, he then smiled at me reached up and wiped the milk from my chin. A child doesn't just instinctively know how to be so darn polite.  He has learned these things from his father. If he see's garbage laying anywhere he picks it up and puts it in the garbage.  He watches his daden (thats what he calls Mark) and he learns.  Mark takes him swimming almost everyday, he gets up in the night if needed. I couldn't be more proud of the Father he is, and the kind of young man our son will become because of his Father.  I love you Markie, and I am so happy that you and I are on this roller coaster of life together.  Who would of ever thought that at age 50 I would be a mother to a one year old.  LOL Well I also knew that God put me on this earth to be a wife and a mother, and that is all that matters to me.  Love ya Baby!!!!!  Here's to the next how many years we have together.

4 comments:

calie said...

Ooh my goodness! That is the sweetest thing i've ever heard!

Kathy R said...

Thumbs up! Happy Birthday! I feel as you do about my age. Where did time go? Seems like yesterday I had pre-schoolers, and now my grandkids are pre-schoolers! With two in school! Sounds like both you, and Mark, are blessed with one another. Again, marvel at God's timing.
Love to you,
Kathy

Denise said...

Hi Kim,

Happy Birthday to you, and maybe the Lord grant you many more years. I have seen Mark with Donte and I totally agree. He's so kind, gentle and loving. You are blessed to have him.

Anonymous said...

Love it! it's great to have a husband like that... My same words!!!! Here's to you too!!!!!