Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

One very Long day

First thing I need to tell you is this... about a week and a half ago Dontae picked up a good size brick and dropped it on one of his toes.  I don't think I need to tell you how that went down.  The thing is it has been extremely painful for him. He lost the nail and I swear the tip of his toe went with it.  We have to put meds on it and wrap it up or all Dontae does is cry hysterical. We think because when its not wrapped up he almost always bangs it on something and then the bleeding starts. So night before last we kept it on covered when he went to bed but thought we should cover it for the ride to Kingston. We didn't want him all upset for a three hour drive, not to mention that William and Gladys were with us. So we are driving to Kingston and Gladys is worried that his toe will not heal all wrapped up so she took it off.  He started crying but soon settled down and things in his world were all good again.  We get to the hospital for our appointment and Gladys's daughter is in town so she picks up her parents and Mark and I proceed into the hospital with Dontae. They open at 8 in the morning and its a first serve place. We were able to get right in and fill out the paperwork, then they point us to the chairs where everyone else is as well.  We were not there long when Dontae decides he needed to be the center of attention.  Everyone and I mean everyone were loving on him and reading and playing with him.So then he found this one young lady who he instantly chose as his girlfriend and was flirting up a storm and as she was reading to him Dontae kinda kicked her by accident. It was is toe and the entire tip again was hanging and bleeding..... We got him all fixed up and calmed down and not ten minutes later the Dr. called us in ahead of so many people.  We are sure its because she heard him hysterical.  Dontae weighs 25lbs. and in good health. But then she informs me that he needs 5 shots. OMGOSHHHHHHHHHHH what????? I thought he needed two.  If I would of known this ahead of time we would of went somewhere else cause shots here are going to be expensive.  She sends us off to pay and you will never believe in a zillion years what I had to pay. 300.00 US dollars.  Yep thats right you heard me right.  plus the Dr. visit was 50.00, a 100.00 just to get to Kingston.  So this ended up being one super expensive day. Now I am beginning to think about the 5 shots for Dontae and am worried for our ride home.  He surely is going to be hurting after 5 shots. I don't think I need to tell you how that went over. The Dr. proceed to tell us that his toe is infected and we need oral antibiotic and cream then bandaged. She told us that we need to re dress his toe two times a day and to stay out of the pool. It was the pool that was making it impossible to heal.  She wanted the nurse to dress his toe so we could watch which cost 5.00 for her to put on the dressing lol Come to find out its exactly how nurse Markie was doing it. So 4 hours later we get our paperwork for the Embassy.  Mark and I still haven't had lunch so we head over to a deli which is right next door to a pharmacy and a grocery store. Dontae is fast asleep from his ordeal with the shots and his toe. After this we go and pick up Gladys and William.Now we are heading out for a very very long drive home, its Friday night and every person in Jamaica I swear are deciding to take a drive as well, so traffic was a bear.  I feed Dontae in his car seat and am beginning to get extremely cartsick and Dontae is not happy. I couldn't bear it with the trauma this poor baby had endured.  I took him out of the of his seat. He just needed some love real bad. He fell fast asleep and slept in my arms till we got home. We knew he was going to have a rough night with 5 shots and possible fever, but so far things were going pretty good with him fast asleep.  Did I say I spoke to soon?  The minute we got home Dontae decided that there was NO sleep to be going on, and every single time we got him to sleep and tried to put him in his crib he would start craying hysterical. Now its 12:30am and we are exhausted, so into our bed is a must.  We were able to sleep until 6:00AM. But when he is in the bed you are really not sleeping sleeping, if you know what I mean.
  Now that its morning I feel exhausted and extremely tired and little boy only still wants to be cuddled or held. Now we have all our paperwork from the Dr. and we take it and Dontae into our interview on Monday at 9:OOAM Wow, is it really time to almost come home to Bellingham of which I hear has snow.  Really?!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep reading to stay tuned.
Blessings to all

2 comments:

Pat said...

No snow here, Kim - just typical November weather, wet and cold. It will be a huge change for your bodies. Sounds like the Jamaica Journey might finally be coming to an end.......I bet Monday can't come soon enough.

DENISE said...

kIM,
i'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU GOT YOUR APPT IS TODAY. i CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW THE INTERVIEW WENT AND WHEN YOU'LL GET YOUR VISA TO GO HOME. I DO HOPE THAT YOUR WAIT WILL BE SHORTER THAT MINE. LOVE YOU GUYS. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE NEWS!!!!!