Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Over weight, Fat, Obese, Morbidly Obese

I woke up in the middle of the night with ALL this on mind, so I decided to write about it. But if you are expecting perfect grammar, perfect spelling, and a natural born writer, then you are at the wrong place. LOL I write exactly like I talk and it is in no way shape or form anywhere near perfect.
About 16 years ago, I herniated three disc's in my neck and two in my lower back. I lived morning and night in our recliner. Because it was the only place in the house that I could be to get any kind of relief from pain. So this is where me, beginning to become over weight started. I was in that chair, sedentary for two years.  I have had four surgeries on my neck, and one thing I can say at least, I am no longer living in a chair. But doing the things I did before I was hurt, is a thing of the past. Chronic Pain rules your life and if you don't want to live on pain pills you just try to deal with it all, and gaining weight is only part of it. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, I am borderline diabetic, the list goes on.
 The next word is Fat and then obese. Two words I have come to hate, even though I will be the first one to tell you I'm fat. 
I don't care if you have been over weight all your life or part of your life. If its genetics or from over eating. Being sedentary or being depressed. It doesn't matter. Seeing OBESE on your Doctor's chart notes, is about to much for anyone to handle. And the first time I read MORBIDLY OBESE, I could hardly swallow. 
If you didn't know, I have a little boy who is now almost 7, whom we adopted from Jamaica. God chose Mark and I to be Dontae's parents. We are blessed over and over with Boo being in our life. But he is 7 and a 7 year old is active, and he isn't going to stop being active anytime soon. I can't remember exactly what it was that Dontae wanted to play a little over a year ago, but I couldn't do it. Not just because of being in chronic pain but for being so heavy.  Over the years I have tried everything to get my weight off, but couldn't get more then 25 lbs. off at a time. Then big time depression sets in and you gain it back, plus a little more. Well over 16 years, you have me now.
Kim Lau 240lbs. I got married four months prior to being hurt 16 years ago weighing 140lbs. 
So this day Dontae wanted to play and I couldn't, I decided to talk to my Dr. I want to be healthy and fit and living to put it bluntly for this little boy God entrusted me with.
I had no idea what my Dr. would say to me. Even though my chart says morbidly obese, I didn't believe I was fat enough for surgery. How uneducated I was....

0 comments: