Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Wagoan (What's going on?)

Hi, Mark here.
It was my turn to do the lesson at youth group last night. It was the older kids and I had prepared one on repentance. It's kinda tough to hold thier attention for more than just a few minutes, but I was able to get the point across. The best part was, after the lesson, lot's of the kids just started asking questions about hypocritical behavior. Stuff like,"Should a preacher shoot a robber who comes in his house?", or "If a pretty lady walks by, can you look if you are already married?". That's the kind of stuff I like. I love it when kids are curious about what the Bible has to say. What would Jesus do kinds of things. We wound up talking for an extra half hour after class. Cool!
Kim and Jenni had to take the taxis to Mandeville and get another Claro modem for the computer. I oopsed and broke the darn thing and it's become an invaluable tool up here. Kim came home with a headache and it turned into a migraine today. That's the first one she's had since being in Jamaica, so that's pretty good. However, having a migraine is never good.
We have been invited to a real Jamaican wake tonight. I don't know what to expect, but I hear they are fun. I will let you know how it goes.

 Oh yeah, BTW,  I got a haircut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark: Who cut your hair? Ron

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what the Jamaicans can do with a sharp machete!