Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

So Proud!!!!!!

Last night was the kids Christmas program that was supposed to start at 6:00.  We got there at 5:30, and they didn't start it until 7:30,  they wanted time for more parents to come, so they waited.  I don't have to tell you how bad my tail bone was hurting now do I?
So when it started, it was well worth the wait.  Watching all the school kids sing and dance, and the MC rocked.  He is the minister of another church up in Petersville.  So now we want to go see his church.  This entire program was a fundraiser as well, so their school can get the library finished.  So after each group went, the MC (forgot his name) he would not let the kids go sit back down until each child was givin $300.00J to give to the school.  What a smart smart man.... LOLOL  He was funny, he sang, he was the perfect fit for this kind of fundraiser.  So during half time, they had some awards to give out, and one of the first ones went to Felix for most improved in his grade.  Yippeeee.....  then Anita got the same exact award for her grade.....That was the perfect time as Jenni said, to wish she had on a shirt the read "Yea thats my kid".... lolol  I can't tell you how proud we are of the kids.  Earlier in the evening, before it all started.  Felix was running around where he wasn't supposed too, and we told him many times to sit down and behave.  Finally a gentleman talked to Felix in a very low and firm voice, and Fellix sat his butt right down. well he did and then he flipped Mr. Mark off.  Holy toledo, I was not expecting that, and Mr. Mark was in total shock, for we have not ever witnessed that kind of behavior from him as of yet.  After about what seemed like an hour but in reality it was like 5 seconds, I got up to take him outside and swat his cute little behind.  But God told me loud and clear to do it right there.  I swear I have never heard him tell me something so loud and clear in my life.  LOL  So I swatted him.  Got down to his level and explained why I did what I did and that it was not OK to do what he did.  He immediately looked around to see who saw him get swat.  But after that and an apology to Mr. Mark, the kid was stinkin perfect.  The MC just loved Felix, cause Felix calls a spade a spade out loud, which worked great with the Mc's jokes.  So they would bump knuckles.  So even though the night started out kinda crummy, with attitude and the show not starting till 7:30 and ending at 10:30.  Felix was fantastic and Anita sang with her group and did an amazing job.  I think she likes to be on stage.  So all and all we were all so proud to represent these children. (minus the middle finger part)  Jamaicans do know how to put on a show.  We loved it!!!!!
Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are good, that's nice. But how is Dontae???

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kim, you know that I would have done the same thing. Very proud of the kids. Kepp doing what you and Mark and Jennie are doing. Much prayers for you both.

Dee