Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

trials

Ya know they say when you are out doing God's work, you will have trials right? Well I did forget to tell you about the whole luggage thing. We were told that Air Jamaica would take 3 check in suitcases per person, Jenni only had two suitcases (don't ask me how) and Mark and I had a total of 9.....LOL Its a year remember! anyways so if my calculations are right, we would have only had to pay for 2. 3 to jenni 3 to Mark and 3 to me, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they said we could only check 2 each, and then we had to pay 150.00 per bag after that.
So that is a total of $750.00 for 5 bags. OMGosh you say!!!!!!! well that was our first trial. Thank God I had a credit card. But I still have to pay that credit card. So we have a number to call, maybe just maybe we might get some of it back. If not, well its just par for the course.
Today, very cool, Penie, Jenni andI went to market. Oh am I happy they speak english, kinda hard to understand but I will get used to it. Met some fantastic people. After lunch we went to Petersville to a school there and played soccer and the girls did dances.
Markie sayed at the house and hung a door, and fixed a handle to our room and Mr. fixit stuff, and you would of looked at him and thought he had gone swimming. And I am not kidding, One Sweaty guy.
Oh OH! I got to drive today, remember the steering wheel is on the right hand side, the gear shift is on the left hand side, and you drive on the left side of the road. :-0 DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! LOLOL it was great fun. Obviously we all survived, since I am typing to you. Today was Travoy's birthday, he turned 12 and lives here with us. So we had cake and ice cream. Now its bed time for us. ta ta for now

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I hope you are able to recoup some of those costs. Glad you ariived safely and are having fun :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is going well. Remember to write that letter to get a credit for the luggage. Love your journal, keep it up. Mom M