Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Surprise Cakes

Today my good friends little man turns 1. So I asked her if it was ok for me to do his cake and that could be our present.  Making cakes isn't exactly a real inexpensive thing to do.  Plus I like to go a little over the top and give them more then they ever would of imagined. She said "of course, as long as it isn't cutsie"  She doesn't want cutsie, I won't give her cutsie.  LOL But by the way she yelped when she saw it, I think she was very very happy.  Tell me what you think?
This cake is chocolate with a creamy peanut butter filling.  There is four layers of cake here. The trunk of the tree is made from Rice Krispy treats, the branches are made with gum paste.  And both are covered with homemade chocolate fondant.  The leaves are made from homemade fondant as well.  So with that being said.  The entire cake is edible. Well maybe not the wire or the dowel.  LOL
I also did Henry his very own smash it up cake.  But he was such a gentleman that he didn't want to make a mess.  So cute I tell ya.
His cake is a white cake and the middle layer is just frosting.  I used 5 cake mixes, 7 boxes of powdered sugar. 2 jars of marshmallow whip, 1 16 ox bag of marshmallows,  a ton of butter, peanut butter not to mention 15 eggs.  LOL
I think it went over well, at least most of guests told me that it looked fantastic but it also tasted fantastic.  YIPPEEEEE!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY WE LOVE YOU!!!!
I did have to get a present too so we got him something to match Dontae.  Check out these two cutie patooties.  LOL
See the TWINS!!!!!!!
Blessings

4 comments:

Kathy R said...

You are very talented. Great, great cake.

STARDUST said...

Absolutely gorgeous jungle cake!!! Love it! Regarding the pin it button it will show on all the posts you create from now on. But i have some great news... some more tips on the way shortly including the Pin it button into your footer!

STARDUST said...

I haven't posted any sights in Greece, but you just gave me an idea...LOL! Hope you can make it and come soon! Let me know if you do!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

You did a great job! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday; I hope you'll stop by next week too :)