Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another Cake

Pin ItThis cake was so fun.  I got to do a little scrap booking along with decorating a cake. Well I was running behind and Calie did the letters for me, but I did pick it all out. LOL
This was my first shot at a rainbow cake.
I am so glad my friend told me that she went and got disposable pans for this. This way I was able to bake ALL the cakes at the same time.  Could you imagine cooking two at a time?  So I made up two white cake mixes, put two cups batter in 6 different bowls and then colored them all different colors.  Worked out really well.
This little girls birthday party is in all rainbow colors, so this is how I came up with the way I decorated the cake.  I will be able to post pictures of the inside when they send them to me. Since I never had made one before, I sure hope that it looks really cool when they cute into it. I know it will taste good. :-)
The happy birthday sign was made with card stock and paper punches. And I printed the letters on white card stock from the printer. Then hot glued the skewer in between to the two scalloped punch outs. Turned out so darn cute!!!!

The adorable little curly que's are made from fondant.  And the cake on the very bottom is confetti cake.
This cake was a lot of fun to do.  Hope you enjoyed looking at my creations.  LOL
Blessings

1 comments:

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)