Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Beautiful Son

We took Dontae to the top Plastic Surgeon in Kingston Jamaica for him to look at Dontae's mouth.  He has told us that his palate is the first thing we need to do, so it won't affect his speech.  He will spend about 1 week in the hospital, and I may or may not be able  to stay with him.  If I can't stay the night I will be as CLOSE as possible. Kingston is 3 hours away from where we are. We have decided to get his operation done here, since I will probably be staying on longer due to his adoption process.  So June 1st. we head back to Kingston to meet with the Dr. again and make arrangements for the time and date.  I think we decided to wait until my girls leave since we don't want his recovery to interrupt his time with his sisters.  The bummer is that we have already bought our tickets from Jamaica to Florida, and to change them it will be somewhere around $400.00. We already had to do this in January.  The whole money thing is kinda a drag since we are not working.  LOL I told Mark he best get his bum home and bring home a pay check.  LOL But reality is I want him here with me and Dontae while our little guy goes through this.  I know the Lord knows what he wants for us.  So I will keep doing what I do best and that is pray.  I do want to thank Gladys and William again for pointing us in the direction of this Dr. we feel very comfortable with him and his skills.  Please keep us all in your prayers.


Anonymous said...

Hey Kim and Mark,
So glad to hear about the way the Lord opened the door for Dontae to have this surgery. Man sorry about those tickets, that's a bummer, but I know that the Lord has a plan for you both. May the Lord continue to watch over you three and guide you steps as you follow close in His. Write soon


Miss Linda said...

Praying for you and that sweet little guy.